You Were Once a Happy Bunny
Go kick some cottontail.
Today’s quest will send you into the enchanted woods for a “tail” of vengeance bloodshed. It’s rabbit season (not duck season) in Table Talk, plus an update on a new game project, and free books for your Easter basket. Tally ho!
You are a happy bunny. The forest is your home. You graze on grass and berries. Your best friend is a gnome.
New rabbits moved in lakeside Dressed in bow ties and gowns. They worry that your presence Makes home values go down.
They put up signs and fencing. They hire patrolling snakes. So you won't attempt to steal Their scrumptious chocolate cakes.
Their chocolates are all made With cocoa from your land. Their fence borders are changing. The town wants to expand!
You were a happy bunny But something must be done. Your course of action is so clear: _________
Finish the stanza:
When your quest is complete, it’s time to debrief. Join your fellow adventurers at the virtual D&D table we call the comments section. Just don’t look at what happens behind the Dungeon Master screen. It’s private!
Discuss one (or all) of today’s topics:
🔥 Did you play nice with the rich rabbits? Did you burn the forest to ash?
🐇 Are rabbits good pets? How do they stack up to cats and/or dogs?
🍬 What’s your favorite Easter candy? I used to be all-in on Cadbury Cream Eggs. The gooey sugar yolk sludge was only available for a limited time, so it felt special. The Shamrock Shake of candy! But now there’s a Halloween version in the fall, which cheapened the fun for me. So I’ve switched my allegiance to a different Easter candy… (Cont’d in the comments. Hit the red button for more.)
Share your thoughts in the comments (or email a reply if you’re shy).
Our story so far: In December, we had a player survey, where you told me you’d be interested in Adventure Snack text adventure games and visual novels. In February, I read a book on how to make them. Today, I’m announcing the first Adventure Snack text adventure is hitting your inbox within the next few weeks!
Use Your Psychic Powers at Applebee’s is a text adventure where you have the ability to read the minds of customers at America’s Favorite Food Zone™. As you hop from brain-to-brain, you’ll learn that everyone has a secret. Disaster is just around the corner, and I’m not talking about those Beef ‘n “Queso” Nachos you ordered.
I’ll be releasing the game as an exclusive beta for Adventure Snack players only, because you inspired the game. It’ll be password protected and won’t be publicly available. If you know someone who’d like Adventure Snack, this is a good time to share the newsletter with them, so they get access to this exclusive release.
You don’t have to walk through a magic portal to find new fantasy novels to read. I’m part of this month’s Portal to Fantasy, a collection of digital books by indie authors, all being given away for free. Click the red button below to see what’s out there. Will clicking that button rip a hole in space-time and send you to a magical land? I mean, there’s only one way to know for sure.
FIRST TIME HERE?
Adventure Snack is a game series I email to subscribers. Play Adventure Snack for free and turn your inbox into an adventure!
I’m a narrative designer for video games. I’ve written for Capcom, Ubisoft, Square Enix, and indie studios around the world. Follow me @geoffreygolden on Twitter.
So, yeah, I used to be into Cadbury Creme Eggs. Now I'm switching over to Cadbury Mini Eggs. It's all about that crunch. Something about the contrast of the soft chocolate and the crispy shell makes it very hard to stop eating those Mini Eggs. If you put a bag in front of me right now, I would devour it Garfield-style.
Also, on the topic of Easter candy, do we have any Peeps fans in the house? I want to know what's going on with that.
I played hardball and the entire forrest paid the price. But in my defense, I didn't start this class warfare stuff. As far as candy goes, I also used to like the Cadbury Cream Eggs, probably because they were seasonal, and therefore somewhat special. But these days I'm really focused on making every calorie count, so I've allocated about 90% of my dessert calories to ice cream and the remaining 10% to helping friends celebrate their birthdays.